How to add bookmarks to home screen on iPhone and iPad
1. First, browse to the site for which you wish to make a bookmark. (EBParksTrailSafe.org)
2. Now hit the Share button: it’s the icon in the middle at the bottom of the page. It represents a page with an arrow coming out of it.
3. You’ll see nine icons, three rows of three. The middle icon in the middle row will be the favicon of the site you are on. Underneath is the message ‘Add to Home Screen’. Hit this icon.
4. This takes you through to the Add to Home page. You’ll see the site favicon on the lefthand side, and a text field to the right. This picks out the first few letters of the site’s description, and the contents of the field will be used on your phone- or tablet’s home screen as the description. When you are happy with the description click ‘Add’, in the top righthand corner of the screen.
How to add bookmarks to home screen on Android
1. Open the browser on your Android smartphone or tablet and go to the web page that you would like to create a bookmark for. (EBParksTrailSafe.org)
2. Hit the settings button – it’s three vertical dots, locating in the top right of the screen – from here press the star symbol.
3. Pressing the star symbol will bring you into the bookmarks menu. From here you can edit the web page’s name and select which bookmarks folder you want to save it into.
4. From here go back to the Browser settings menu, and then open the Bookmarks folder. From here locate your newly created bookmark and press and hold your finger on the bookmark you want to place on your home screen. Once you’ve done this you will see a new menu appear and in the list will be an option Add to Home screen. Press this option.